Data privacy is important to The Design Archives. This Privacy Notice describes the personal information we collect about you as a visitor to our website, how we use it, with whom we share it, and describes your choices regarding certain types of processing. If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Design Archives, Worlds End Studios, 132-134 Lots Rd, Chelsea, London SW10 0RJ, is committed to protecting and respecting your data privacy and your right to fair and just processing of your personal data. When you choose to provide us with data about yourself, we recognise that you trust us to act in a responsible manner.
This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which your personal data will be processed by The Design Archives, the data controller of your personal data under the compliance requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how it will be treated by us.
2. PERSONAL DATA WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
“Personal Data” means any information that identifies you directly or indirectly, including, without limitation, by reference to your name, e-mail address, login ID and other contact or location data.
We do not require that you give us any information about yourself when you are browsing the site.
At the checkout area of our site, we do collect personal information about you. This information can identify you and includes details such as your name, email address, payment address and details. All such information is held on secure servers and complies with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation in place including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It is primarily used for customer service purposes, to fulfil orders, to respond to enquiries or to follow up on any issues with an order. Your privacy is of the highest importance to us. We treat all your personal information as confidential and we promise never to share your personal details with anyone, (apart from in the circumstances set out below in the section on ‘Third Party Relationships’).
When making an order, you will be given the option to receive information from The Design Archives about products, new collections, events or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you by post or e-mail. In the event that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes, ensure that you tick the appropriate box as you go through the registration / checkout process.
If you do not wish to receive any further email messages from us please email email@example.com.
If you do not wish to receive any further posted mailings from us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may collect the following types of Personal Data about you:
• Device information: information such as what kind of browser a visitor is on, what operating system they are using, their IP address, cookie information, time stamp (time page accessed as well as time spent per web page) and their click through information (for example, which pages they have viewed and how long they have been there).
• Contact details and The Design Archives. account details: Visitors of the website do not have an obligation to enter any of their Personal Data, but information will be required in order to make an order.
• Transaction information: The website may also collect Personal Data when you use certain The Design Archives services, through the use of the website, such as placing order or simply enquiring about a service that we provide.
There may also be instances where we will require your Personal Data for the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights and obligations under a contract for services that we have with you, without which we may not be able to provide such services.
3. WHAT WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR
We may use data held about you in the following ways for the purpose of internal administration and to ensure that the content on this website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, and for further purposes described below:
Personal data used
• The Design Archives Account Details
• Contact Details
• Transaction information
• Device information
• To allow us to verify your username and password when you are logging on to certain restricted areas of the website.
• To register you to use The Design Archives Services.
• To contact you to deliver certain services or information you have requested.
• To provide you with notices regarding our services.
• And other processing necessary to fulfil a contract with you and in connection with our legitimate interest to provide services to you in an efficient, secure and personalised way.
• To send you personalised marketing communications, alerts and newsletters through our marketing channels, subject to your consent or otherwise as permitted by law, in order to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you such as important changes to this website, new The Design Archives services or changes to existing services.
• To improve the content and general administration of the website and our services.
• To understand our visitors.
• Other processing necessary in connection with our legitimate interest to send you relevant information about our products and services, which may be subject to your consent where required by law, and to develop our content based on our users’ interests.
The website may process information that will be maintained, used and disclosed in aggregate form only, for example, without limitation, the total number of visitors to our website, the number of visitors to each page of our website, browser type, External Websites (as set out in section 7 below) linked to and IP addresses. The Design Archives may analyse this data for trends and statistics in the aggregate, and we may use such aggregate information to administer the website, track users’ movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
We may also process your information for our legitimate interest to ensure the security of your user account and our business, to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our websites, products and services, to implement and enforce our general terms and conditions of business or any other agreements concluded with you, and to administer technical aspects of our website, including troubleshooting, diagnosis of technical and service problems, testing, encryption and similar operations.
4. WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We may share your Personal Data with the following parties:
• Our outsourcing partners: Where we use suppliers, service providers and consultants in connection with our business activities, they may have access to your information, which they will process on our behalf.
• Third parties: We will only disclose your Personal Data to third parties under the following conditions:-
1. if we are required to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or any other agreement; or protect the rights, property, or safety of The Design Archives., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for protection against credit risk and fraud;
2. if The Design Archives or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its customers will of course be one of the transferred assets; and/or
3. we may need to share your data with our third party marketing service providers who manage and assist with some marketing activity on our behalf. These companies are not authorised to use your information in any manner, other than in helping us to provide you with products and services or as otherwise required by applicable law
We do not disclose Personal Data to anyone else except as set out above.
We may collect information about your computer or device including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration.
We may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file, which is stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive or mobile device. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to collect information as is necessary for our legitimate interest to provide services to you in an efficient, secure and personalised way, including:-
• to estimate our audience size and usage pattern
• to store information about your preferences and so allow us to customise this website according to your individual interests
• to speed up your searches
• to recognise you when you return to this website
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser, which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of this website.
For further information on cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
What type of Cookies do we use?
The Design Archives. websites use a combination of Strictly Necessary Cookies and Analytics Cookies:
Strictly Necessary Cookies – are essential to allowing you to move around our website and access its features. Such cookies do not gather your information nor track what other Internet sites you have visited. These cookies cannot be disabled.
The cookies used in our website are for the following purposes:
For monitoring whether the ‘Sign up to our Newsletter’ has already been displayed to you as a pop up. We monitor this so you are not bothered by it on every occasion that you visit our website.
For displaying items that you have previously viewed
We use Google Analytics Cookies and information collected and stored by these parties are transmitted and stored on servers in the United States of America per their privacy terms. To review their terms and conditions please use the hyperlinks provided below.
Displays relevant cookie information for the website
How to manage Cookies through the browser
To enable, disable or delete Analytics Cookies at browser level, please refer to the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility). Disabling a cookie or category of cookie does not delete the cookie from your browser; you will need to do this yourself from within your browser. If you disable one or more Analytics Cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies prior to your disabled preference being set, however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information.
5. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information is held on secure servers and complies with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation in place including the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679.
6. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL DATA FOR
We will keep your Personal Data for as long as is necessary in connection with the purposes set out above, or for as long as you are a customer of The Design Archives. After our relationship is terminated we will keep your Personal Data for a reasonable period, to maintain our records in accordance with the law and our legitimate business needs. We may keep an anonymous form of your Personal Data, which will no longer refer to you, for statistical purposes without time limits, to the extent that we have a legitimate and lawful reason to do so.
7. YOUR RIGHT TO UNSUBSCRIBE (OPT-OUT)
If you do not wish to receive any further email messages from us please email email@example.com or use the unsubscribe link in our marketing communications.
If you do not wish to receive any further posted mailings from us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This website may from time to time contain links to and from external websites, as well as our partner and/or affiliate websites. If you follow a link to their websites, please note that these websites will be covered by their own privacy notice (PN) and/or personal information collection statement (PICS). I The Design Archives. does not accept any responsibility or liability for protection of Personal Data which you may submit to a third party’s website. We recommend that you check the wording of the relevant privacy notices before you submit any Personal Data to those websites.
9. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We endeavour to protect your information through the measures set out in this Privacy Notice. We will comply with our obligation to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security of Personal Data appropriate to safeguard against the risks of a personal data breach.
Our website and services are not intended for children under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please ask your parent or guardian before using our website or services.
11. CONTACTING US
We are here to help and encourage you to contact us first to resolve your complaint.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions or comments.
It is very important to us that your experience using www.thedesignarchives.com is positive. We respect your rights to privacy and the fair and just processing of your Personal Data.